Athletics Northern Ireland Cross Country League Fixtures 2015-2016:
- Comber Cup Cross Country – Castlereagh – Sat 10 October 2015
- Bobby Rea Cross Country – Jordanstown – Sat 24 October 2015 (Time Table)
- McConnell Shield – Ballyclare – Sat 7 November 2015
- Malcolm Cup – Ballyclare – Sat 5 December 2015
- Acorns AC Cross Country – Cookstown – Sat 12 December 2015
- North West Cross Country – L’Derry – Sat 19 December 2015
- Antrim International Cross Country – Greenmount College – Sat 16 January 2016
- NI & Ulster Senior Cross Country Championships – Lurgan – Sat 20 February 2016
- Stormont Cross Country – Belfast – Sat 27 February 2016
Forward your name to the following captains to enter the races:
Men: Paul Burns email@example.com
Ladies: Alison Carroll firstname.lastname@example.org or
Catherine O’Connor email@example.com
As it enters its fifth year the Athletics Northern Ireland Cross Country League is introducing a number of changes which to enhance the series.
The points scoring system has been revised to allow more clubs to score team points. The first six club teams of 4 will now score points and the individual points score will now extend to a maximum of 16 with each runner scoring one point. Clubs do not need to specifically enter the league as the points tally will be compiled from the results of each event included in the league.
An enhanced prize find will also be available this season with a total of over £1500 in the pot. The first six teams, in both Men’s and Women’s sections, will receive prizes rather that only the top 3 in previous years.
The League has contributed significantly to the increase in both participation and interest in cross country running across Northern Ireland, with larger fields turning out for races each year. It is hoped that these changes will create further interest in Cross Country running
Full details of how the points awarded for performance and participation will be scored are available below.